TOPS for the 2019-20 Year
- Cheer athletes aged 7 and older
- Athletes that are showing steady improvement & stand out amongst their same aged peers.
- Athletes that are coachable & make corrections and changes when provided with instructional feedback.
- Athletes that want MORE – are asking to do more and would be at the gym more, if they could
- Athletes that talk in terms of “I want to Travel to competitions”… “I want to be on a Worlds Team” “I want to make Team Canada one Day”
- Athletes that have the natural physical disposition and show natural potential and if given additional attention & opportunity, will develop with better technique and a stronger mind and body.
To provide additional development and training for athletes exuding a keen apt and ability for All Star Cheer & Tumbling. To develop these athletes as the future VAS Elite and International/Worlds Teams. The program will focus on building core strength, power & increasing overall fitness for tumbling progression and developing our athletes safely. This program will track progress weekly and will evaluate fitness and athletes’ deficiencies in the sport of Cheer. These will be the areas that the athlete gets extra training in to make them better rounded and prepared for higher levels of Cheer.
2019-20 DIRECTOR & LEAD INSTRUCTORS
Denika Garrick will once again be the 2019-20 Director for both TOPS groups. Denika has a diploma in Personal Fitness Instruction and has been Coaching Level 1-5 Tumbling for 12 years at G Force Gym. She is a world level Cheerleader and tumbler and has attended the World Championships as an Ice Queen and on Team Canada placing 1st and 2nd four times. The other lead instructors will be Angelus and Roop and Cheyenne.
TOPS Schedule & Fees
Option #1 $75 +tax /month $95 non VAS Team Athlete MONDAYS 4:00-6:15PM 13-18 Yrs old ~ Must be Fully Level 3
Approx 60-75min will be used for warm up, conditioning, core strength building, flexibility & strengthening using the TOPS program created for US National bound gymnasts. An additional 60-75min of Tumbling and Jumps & Performance training. A MIN # of spots are available for this TOPS Opportunity.
Option #2 $90+tax /month or $120 non VAS Team Athlete FRIDAYS 4:00-7:30PM 7-14 Yrs old ALL LEVELS
Approx 90min will be used for warm up, conditioning, core strength building, flexibility & strengthening using the TOPS program created for US National bound gymnasts. 75min of Tumbling and Jumps & Performance training. The focus is on each athlete’s deficiency area. A MIN # of spots are available for this TOPS Opportunity.
If you think your son/daughter has what it takes to be training with the TOPs select 2018-19 Group, please EMAIL Denika at email@example.com
Presently there is a wait list. *NOTE* There is no parent viewing with the TOPs program. Parents are allowed to watch the last 15min of classes and the Director provides “viewing classes” once a month with a heads up email to let you know when the next one will be.
Please request a Tops Information Package in your email.